Monday 25 April 2016

Mask research (evil character)


Mask research (evil character)

The reason for my two characters having masks is to not show the emotions they are going through,if the characters didn't wear a mask we would be able to see their facial expressions when they are in pain, also they could have combat to the face and there would be scars/cuts across the face this could make the game from a 16+ to an 18+  that is the main reason why I'm making my characters have masks. because my games target audience is teenagers aged 16+ it is for any sex and for people with any income, the game isnt going to be too expensive it is going to be affordable for everyone.




This image includes a thin shape for the face which is ideal for the evil character because it makes it look non human and devilish, it is in black which means it is dark and scary, I believe it is a good idea to make the mask a dark contrast because it looks more mysterious. In addition it has got a smiling face design but it looks like an evil smiling face, this could remind people of a grim reaper or the joker from batman who also has a smiling face. It is a basic yet powerful design. I would want my mask to be like that also.







https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Ft_ktRXM3NSTQvCWbOFEvISfVKgqXWGYV4E1Yl0zFwwI22kp_lyhvdV84jb7TfioPrhB4Q=s170


This mask looks like it has some wear and tear which is creepy to the viewers it means they have been through serious situations such as war or combat it has  got black, white and red on which is 3 colours I believe 3 colours should be the maximum colours used because you dont want the mask to be too vibrant. The black and white on this mask has been balanced equally the red is not used a lot which makes the mask scarier and has a blood effect.  The shape of the mask looks like a thin face this is because you can see the cheekbones clearly which adds a demonic look to it.




https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgxWffg9p3aLiHQrKyiTMV449Jv6RtwxM9jemnQbZhlHkmThUWOV6PFMGWsYgIhO0EllwT_ZT8bJjsfnUXtG7sz1v464lJrTTwNMu0upwpMcLIOV-7McYre0eNk3bdIlYMIQB8pHjXQo0PQ/s1600/army+of+two+airsoft+paintball+bb+gun+rios+mask+40th+days+Commando.jpg
This mask also uses the same colors black, white and red I believe the black makes it mysterious and the white gives it a skeleton, wear/tear look, also the red used has a bloody effect which can be horrifc and make it easier to know that this mask is evil because the colour red connotes blood and danger. I believe the design all together fits the criteria for an evil looking mask.





The mask I have chosen to persue is this one I believe the shape of it is perfect for an evil character, I will just be using the shape and maybe changing some of it, I will be definitely changing the design to my own, I will be using 2-3 colours on it to make it eye catching for the viewers.


2 comments:

  1. You could add in a little contextual research here on masks in general, it could be really interesting and add to your consideration when developing your own.

    ReplyDelete