Wednesday 11 May 2016

Creation of hero game cover

How I created the first game cover,

http://i.imgur.com/hLiy1Do.png

I got a template for an xbox one game online, because My games are going to be on this platform.


Secondly I added an image I took from my camera for the background image for my game, I wanted to a city scape, to make my game look like an action/type, because many games have buildings in them therefore I added an image of my own.



After that I chose filter - then gallery, And I chose the poster edges filter and adjusted the settings on it for my liking,



This is what it looked like after I changed the settings.



I then added another image I took from my camera, to the other back of the game cover, these two buildings are very well-known in London therefore I added them because my game is going to be based in London aswell., I added the same filter on filter-gallery so it doesnt look odd.



When I added the second Image on, I also added two lens flares on my game cover, One on the front and one on the back for more realism.


Furthermore I added the hero on the front of the cover, because this game cover is for the hero.



I added a description about my game onto the back for viewers to see, this description gives the viewers a slight detail of what my game is based on, Also I blurred the bottom of the image on the back so the text stands out



I chose these effects to make the text eye-catching and I chose the colour white so its simple and easy to read.


I then added my title which is 'Soulkeeper' it stands out and is connected to the description of the game, when you read the description you will know why the title is called ''Soulkeeper''

The effects I added onto the title was bevel and emboss to give it some 3d look, and colour overlay, and I made it navy so its the same colour as the helmet on the character.





To create the logo of the company who made the game I first used the ellipse tool and created one circle and one oval




I then changed the colour of the oval to white and placed it on-top of the black circle



I added these effects to it, I made it grey with some texture from Photoshop to give it a distinct look and make it stand out.



I then added the title of the game to the side of the cover, and I added ''text to the logo of the company which was ''br'' and I also added studios, this is the name I gave to the company.



I then added a 16+ logo to the game because that Is the target audience of my game, and I added ''Londons last stand'' as a subheading to finilaze the description and give small detail of what the description is going to be based on



This is what the finished cover looks like, I believe everything went successful, Because the character stands out and the city-scape is eye-catching with the poster edges filter on it, the title is the same colour as the helmet this is so it fits the theme and is not odd.









No comments:

Post a Comment