Tuesday 3 May 2016

Hero character creation


When firstly editing , using the graphics tablet on adobe illustrator and using the brush tool and eraser tool I managed to trace my sketch design, I changed the design of the mask a little bit and I also added a closeup face and hat onto the character, so I didn't have to add them on separately I did them all at once.

This is what the final  design looked like after I finished tracing and changing it.



 

         I copied the villain onto photoshop to start adding colours/textures and designs/ shadows to give life to the character and make him look realistic.


When editing the mask I added any colour to the area I wanted the texture on this is mandatory if you want to add a texture.


Furthermore I made a layer with the texture and by pressing CTRL + ALT and clicking in-between the two layers I managed to add the texture onto the colored area. I added a mesh texture this is to make the character breath easier



And that is how I added the mesh texture onto the sides



                        After that I added some colour onto the mask (any colour)


 Then I added some Bevel and emboss to my chosen colour and I also added inner shadows onto it on the layer style so it looks professional and sharp for when I add texture to it




I done the same process when I added the mesh which was pressing CTRL + ALT and clicking in between the two layers, ( the texture layer and the layer I want the texture to be on)






This is how I created the texture onto the mask side of the mask and a little bit on the front which covers the nose



For the middle section I done the same thing by adding the same texture (grunge) but changing the colour of it to silver and adding inner shadows to make it look darker.


When creating the Helmet I used the gradient tool and made half of it grey fading into black






I then added bevel and emboss and inner shadows to make the helmet look smooth and sharp and to give it a metallic look,



In addition I added a neck onto the character by using the Line tool and warping it so it looks curved


I then added a texture onto the neck (this texture was from  Photoshops own selection  ) I added this to give it a fabric look I also added a stroke effect so the lines on the neck was thicker.

Moreover I added two blue eyes which I created in Illustrator I added them onto the character, to make them stand out when your looking him.






These are the tools I used when editing the eyes, Bevel and emboss to make them stand out more and to brighten them up, also I added inner shadows,  inner glow and drop shadow,  because there is light coming from the left hand side

I also used the ellipse tool to create the two circle white dots in the middle of the eyes for more realism



I then added a colour onto the face of the character (skin colour)





Furthermore I edited the skin colour layer and I added effects onto it






I used bevel and emboss , also I added one of photo shops stock textures to give it a skin look and so its not smooth all the way around, I added some stroke and inner shadows to make it look realistic.




I then went onto Adobe  illustrator to draw eyebrows onto my character I sketched them from an image i made it similar to the image.



I then copied the eyebrows I drew onto photo-shop and I filled the colour to extremely dark grey and I used the eraser tool to add skin effects effects onto it by choosing an erasor that looks like hair particles



That made the eyebrows look realistic I then used a normal eraser to fade some bits of the eyebrow onto the skin. as you can see.



This is my final design for the hero character I believe everything went well , all the colours and shadows make my character have realism, the light coming from the left made it look professional because if the image didn't have shadows it wouldn't look as genuine.

To improve my character I could add some texture onto the hat but altogether my final design went successful.





No comments:

Post a Comment