Thursday 5 May 2016

Villian character creation



Firstly I traced the image I drew on paper using Adobe illustrator and the graphics tablets provided by Ncn Adams, I didnt change my design



The two tools I used was the brush tool and the eraser






This is what the finished sketch looked like. I opened the file in photoshop. to start editing it

  I then added red onto another layer by using the paint bucket tool, of the mask because I wanted that part of the mask to be brighter, so the villain looks more demonic.





Moreover I added these effects onto it to give the mask detail and shadows, which gave it realism.
and shadows made it look authentic because with no shadows it looked plain and dull








Thats how I got the grunge red colour onto the mask and it made it look professional,




I then I then added a dark metal texture from Photoshops own textures to the front of the mask and then added effects on it

the affects I added was Bevel and emboss to give it smooth lines , inner shadows to make it look more detailed and to make the light come from the bottom, inner glow to give it a white border and color overlay to darken the texture.

After I added a different texture to the front and sides of the mask, the texture was metal grunge. I darkened them.



 I then selected the layers on the eyes, and added a black color to it because the darker the eyes the scarier the mask looks.




I then added these effects on to the mask for a more detailed look and for the lighting to look like its coming from the bottom





The effects made the eyes look professional and gave it a white shadow. Around them which gave the mask more detail and sharpness.



In addition, I colored the middle of the eyes black and added bevel and emboss to it. For a mysterious look



After I started to design the head, I firstly selected a color to experiment the effects on.



The effects I added was bevel and emboss, inner shadow, color overlay, outer glow this gave some white shadows to the head and made it look smoother,


    However I added the same texture from the sides and front of the mask to the head part but I lightened the texture on the head. so it looked a little different.



Furthermore I colored the neck in black and gave it highlights, and bevel and emboss, also I gave it shadows so it looks like the light is coming from the bottom





This is my final design for the villain, I believe this went successful, because I managed to make my character look scary, also the red on the characters mask stands out because its the only bright colour, the colour red also connotes danger which shows that this character is dangerous.

The lighting went well because it looks like the light is coming from the bottom. also the shading makes it look realistic.

What I would do to improve this character is to maybe add some texture to the neck.



                                        







No comments:

Post a Comment